Brasserie Au Bon Plaisir in Nicosia, off the beaten track but offering parking, is one of the most romantic and cozy atmosphere given to appreciate in Nicosia.
As a family restaurant, the father is the Chef, the mother is the host, together with the young kids. As a French family, they offer the best of French familial and genuine cuisine, far from usual criteria of the Michelin starred French chefs. Here the food is also genuine and authentic, with also a jealous attention brought to the selection of ingredients :
– French matured steaks, of “Charolaise” origin. A large variety is proposed along the year : sirloin, fillet, rib-eye, T-Bone, Beef chop, Bavette, onglet (the hanging steak), araignée (spider steak), just to quote some.
– Fresh mussels and fresh oysters,
– Use of real fresh cream, of the best available quality,
– Use of real butter, no margarine,
– Use of fresh garlic, not dehydrated or frozen,
– Real hand pressed olive oil from Cyprus small producers,
– Real fruit reductions, from Cyprus growers,
– Real vanilla extract, from the French “Bourbon” vanilla,
– Fresh vegetables only, french fries made from scratch, using Cypriot potatoes,
– Home made mashed potatoes,
– No use of any taste enhancers (MSG) but only home made stocks,
– Matured cheese from France, most of them being non pasteurized
– Selection of small French wine producers, far from well-known marketed brands,
Also here, absolutely everything is made from scratch, which allows us a perfect traceability and to handle properly food allergies.
Brasserie Au Bon Plaisir is also an atmosphere, with constant visits of French artists like singers or accordion players, to deliver the full authentic French bistro atmosphere.
Brasserie Au Bon Plaisir is not only a restaurant, it is a whole experience